Youth Hiring and Internships
If you are a young jobseeker looking for employment or an internship, visit our youth page here.
If your business needs eager, pre-screened and qualified local youth, our Youth Jobs program is the ideal hiring solution. The Youth Jobs program prepares young people for the workforce by providing readiness training, personal enrichment training, and other services to help meet your needs. We can help you:
- Identify the right young person to hire seasonally, part time or full time, and provide helpful hints on managing young workers
- Hire youth who have completed the National Work Readiness Credential
- Train and mentor youth to become valuable members of the workforce
- Access special subsidized employment programs
- Set up internship opportunities for career-minded youth
Our program will cover the youth's wages, and they will provide your business with 100 hours of their time. There are other requirements we can help you meet to ensure that the experience is meaningful for the youth and effective for your business.
Call Karla Corona at (562) 570-3681 to get started.
The Long Beach Internship Challenge
Recognizing the impact of real-world work experience, both as an opportunity to broaden a young person’s career interests as well as gain critical workplace skills, the Mayor’s Office is helping coordinate a broad effort to expand and diversify the number of paid work opportunities. To learn more about the Long Beach Internship Challenge and sign up, click here
How to Sign Up for Youth Jobs Program
Signing up for our Youth Jobs program is simple. As an employer, fill out this application and specify your type of business and employment needs. For any questions, contact Karla Corona via email or call (562) 570-3681.