Services for Vets
Pacific Gateway helps Veterans access a number of resources through our partnership with the Employment Development Department (EDD), and connections to other organizations. Often, Veterans are eligible for a number of special resources.
Some of our no-fee services include:
- Employment preparation that includes vocational guidance, career counseling, workshops on resume preparation, interviewing techniques, and job search strategies
- Referrals to employment and training programs, including on-the-job training opportunities
- Connections to the Veterans Service Center at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base
- Referrals and easy access to Veteran benefits and community services
- Transition & Housing Assistance Programs to provide a smooth transition for individuals leaving the military and going into the private sector
- Referrals and service information for the Long Beach Veterans Administration Medical Center
Talk to a Veteran Employment Services Specialist about your specific needs and how we can be of assistance.
To find out more, please call (562) 570-WORK and ask for a Veteran Employment Specialist.
Veterans’ Services Staff
Veterans are encouraged to connect with one of our on-site employment specialists. These staff members have special knowledge about programs and resources to help Veterans transfer their skills to the workplace. To learn more about how we can help you, please visit one of our One-Stop Career Centers.
For more information about Veteran Services call Roxana Gomez at (562) 570-3673.
Links to Veteran Resources
There are a number of employment and training resources available to help you. Click the links below: